I don’t know if Team Sublett’s normal is much like yours. I mean, we’re talking about a family that has adopted the slogan “Weird is good” as our family motto.
But the past few snowy days have helped us develop a family rhythm that seems to be working. We’ve enjoyed the freshly fallen snow, and it’s given us the opportunity to spend some good time together.
Over the past 2 days we’ve been sledding twice, shoveled a ton of snow (maybe literally), played umpteen games of Settlers of Catan (Cities and Knights is the fav, but it’s harder for some of us who don’t speak English as our first language), listened to hours of 80s music, and checked the Snow Day Calculator more times than I can count.
Here are a few of my observations:
- Charlie would stay outside playing in the snow all day. He never complains of being cold or wet, and always ALWAYS is ready for another ride down the hill.
- Annabelle and Sadie are fighting to be Charlie’s favorite. I think Annabelle is winning. She’s really persistent.
- Isaac is learning to play Settlers. Josie downloaded the app to practice. Levi started great this morning but flamed out when everybody turned on him.
- We like 80s music. A lot. Even the Chinese kids know songs to request.
- It’s a lot easier to shovel the driveway before people drive over and pack the snow down. I’m ready to be done with the shoveling for a while.
- Everybody would be happy with another snow day tomorrow.