XStream hit the road over the weekend. We took our students to Cedar Point for a day of play, then had church in our hotel before making the return trip home. It was a wildly successful trip on so many levels:
- lots of students (many newbies!) went with us
- a team of new leaders got to spend extended time with students
- a bus driver meant I didn’t have to drive
- Cedar Point = killer coasters
- I got to talk about what it means for us to let Jesus bust our rut and routine
- Sara Banker ran all of the admin details, which is a huge blessing!
The trip wasn’t without drama, though. Thursday morning I found out that we didn’t have the bus that I thought we had arranged. Sara called Fullington. While we were riding coasters Sara texted me to tell me that the hotel took our deposit but didn’t hold our rooms. Sara found us another hotel, for less money, with a pool deck for us to have a worship service.
It was one of the craziest behind-the-scenes retreats I’ve ever had, but we rolled with the punches, and Sara literally pulled the bacon out of the fire. I don’t even know that many of the students or leaders would have known that there was anything out of the ordinary going on if I hadn’t told them.
I like the way XStream is shaping up! (photos courtesy of Kevin Sliman)